Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fall Foto Favorites 2008 - IBMA Fan Fest Friday

This is the second of a series of posts seeking to capture the highlights of our Fall tour. During the IBMA Fan Fest, really a large, indoor festival, I was lucky enough to have Carl Jackson ask me to take pictures back stage. This gave me unusual access and opportunities to take some unusual pictures. Most of these are not images I used before, but, when I looked back at the archives for October, I found my eye seemed to pick out some of the same photos I had posted earlier. I'll let them run again, because I think they're worth a second look. Have a good time.

Ken Irwin of Rounder Records

Shawn Lane (Blue Highway)

Keith Garrett (Blue Moon Rising) and Family

Dale Ann Bradley Band

Molly Kate Cherryholmes

Sierra Hull & Cory Walker

Emory Lester & Mark Johnson

Andy Falco (Infamous Stringdusters) & Carl Jackson

The Grascals

Phil Leadbetter (Grasstowne)

Steve Dilling (IIIrd Tyme Out)

Darren Beachley (Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver)

Doyle Lawson

Carl Jackson & Tony Rice

Josh Williams (IBMA Guitar Player of the Year)

Josh Williams

Ashby Frank (Special Consensus)

Keith Sewall

One of the Bluegrass Kids

Joey Cox (Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver)

Brandon Rickman (LRB)

Ned Luberecki, Jon Weissberger, Carl Jackson, Sierra Hull & Clay Hess

Jim VanCleve (Mountain Heart)


Barry Abernathy (Mountain Heart)

Tony Rice with Mountain Heart

Charlie Sizemore

Tony Trischka's Banjo Spectacular

Ron Stewart (Dan Tyminski)

Barry Bales (Dan Tyminski) - IBMA Bass Player of the Year

Don't forget the Linda Ralph Benefit in Weston, VT on Saturday. Look for a couple more of these photo reviews as we head towards Christmas. I'll also be writing a year-end review.

No comments:

Post a Comment