Wednesday, October 1, 2014

IBMA World of Bluegrass 2014 - Notice


Sir Walter Releigh

The banjo parts, donated by Deering Banjos, surround the statue of Sir Walter Raleigh outside the Raleigh Convention Center, the nerve center of the large, complex, and all-involving five days celebrating bluegrass music and honoring the best it has to offer. The banjo installation designed by sculptor Bland Hoke from Montana symbolized the music and the man who this marvelous city was named after. 

Meanwhile, I won't be blogging until early next week. It's impossible for me to be here, participate, and enjoy the experience while trying to put out a daily blog about it. I'm continuing to post pictures and brief comments on my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ted.lehmann1) and Twitter feed (https://twitter.com) under the name @bluegrassTed. Please check them both out and follow me on Twitter or friend me on Facebook. Meanwhile, I'll post several more considered pieces about the terrific experience we're having here. Stay tuned.

Bela Fleck - Keynote Speech


No comments:

Post a Comment