Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year Portfolio - Ring in the New

Happy New Year! With the new year I present a group of young pickers who, if you haven't already seen and heard them, you'll be encountering them soon. I've tried to keep my list mostly to pickers under twenty years of age. Again, the list is not exhaustive, being limited to people I've heard, seen, and photographed. Nevertheless, I think it provides a representitive picture of what you might expect in the future.

Jarrod and Tyler Walker (Bluegrass Parlor Band)

Josh Pinkham

Molly Kate Cherryholmes

Ryan Holladay

Sierra Hull

Jason Davis

Katie and Clint Wilson (Wilson Family Band)

The Lovell Sisters

Cory Walker

Jayme Booher

All pictures by Ted Lehmann, reproduce with permission only

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Ted! Wonderful shots of both the old and the young. It is this end of your portfolio that excites me the most. The young end! There are so many young, very talented players on the scene nowadays. The music they are making is, while not all traditional style bluegrass, very very good!

    Thanks again and Happy New Year to you and Irene and all of your readers!!

    Lowell
    http://www.jewelldesigns.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted, thanks for the 'young' pics. Have had the pleasure of seeing folks on 6 of the 10 photos. Probably as the Walkers and Josh are near by
    (Tampa) area.
    Again, many good thoughts for
    Tom Henderson starting the
    'Palor' band many years ago.

    I still remember Chris Thile
    playing pinball machines at
    Owensboro 10? years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nextmillion - I'd love to have seen that. In some other life I'll be able to say "I knew them when." Tom Henderson wrote me a very kind note this morning after spending almost 40 minutes on the blog. He did the world of bluegrass a great favor when he started the Parlor Band. - Ted

    ReplyDelete
  4. My apologies to anyone who was here in the past few minutes and found and add on my site. I hope you didn't click on it, and it's gone. Thanks - Ted

    ReplyDelete