Tuesday, October 7, 2008

IBMA - Kids on Bluegrass

On Friday morning at the IBMA Fan Fest, dozens of kids all under age 18 got on the stage and reassured the audience that the future of bluegrass music is in good hands. In twenty minutes or so, they played bluegrass standards, sang, and moved on stage with enthusiasm and skill. I took too many pictures to post them on this blog, so here's a link: Kids on Bluegrass Album. You may view this album and download any or all pictures you wish for your own use. Unfortunately, I don't believe you can download the entire album at once. If you decide to use any of these pictures on web sites or your MySpace or Facebook pages, I do ask that you give me a photo credit and include a link to my blog. Otherwise, you are free to use these pictures in any way you wish. You may crop them or tweak them as you wish. Enjoy them. You did a wonderful job. Your parents and bluegrass music in general can be proud of you. - Ted

2 comments:

  1. Ted,

    I love to see kids in bluegrass. I taught both of mine to play.

    I used to tell them playing bluegrass music was like Neurosurgery- if you mess up just smile and don't say oops.

    Dr. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ted, I'd like to send you a copy of Donnie "Dobro" Scott's CD, Generations, on the Patuxent label. Patuxent's Tom Mindte is an active member of IBMA and Donnie has recorded with Steve Kilby (to give an example of someone who is featured in your photo file), as well as with Clarence Greene (son of Fiddlin' Clarence Greene), and many many other musicians too numerous to list here. He's won 1st place in dobro at Galax and Fiddlers Grove multiple times and is known for promoting the dobro jam at Galax. You can find out more about him at www.pxrec.com. Let me know if you want a copy of Generations. It's great stuff. Barbara Scott, Mt Airy, NC

    ReplyDelete